[GRASS-user] classification of quickbird data

Christian Röttger chris.roettger at uni-muenster.de
Tue Nov 17 16:43:32 EST 2009

Christian Röttger schrieb:
> hello,
>
> i am working on a land use classification in the Mekong delta, based on
> quickbird data using Grass6.4 RC5 and have 2 questions.
>
> The scene is in parts cloudy, especially my training area. is there an
> option to do some correction to get rid of the clouds?
>
> i already did a classification with 8 classes (about 90 sample) but i'm
> not really satisfied with the result because its so inhomogeneous with
> many small fractions. Is there some literature or experience how to
> classify rural areas with small huts, rice paddys (mature, fallow, under
> water) and mixed orchards?

sorry, i forgot to say which modules i used. first i did a unsupervised
cluster classification and a false colour composit plus gps ground
points to generate my training areas. after that i tried i.maxlik and
then i.smap to get a better result but that also didn't satisfy me.
i will also try some modification parameters, or generate more training
areas.

regards
christian