[GRASS-user] v.in.e00 vs. v.in.ogr

Moskovitz, Bob Bob.Moskovitz at conservation.ca.gov
Tue Nov 17 20:03:53 EST 2009

I've noticed that using avcimport (which converts .e00 files to binary coverages) greatly speeds up import of .e00 files when you use ogr2ogr.  So v.in.ogr probably uses avcimport for this reason.

Bob Moskovitz
Research Analyst I
Seismic Hazard Evaluation Project
California Geological Survey
http://gmw.consrv.ca.gov/shmp

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This communication is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. This message contains information from the State of California, California Geological Survey, which may be privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law, including the Electronic Communications Privacy Act. If the reader of this communication is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.