[GRASS-user] matlab scripts r.dominant_dir.m and r.calc_terraflow_dir.m

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 18 04:52:54 EST 2009

Mark:
> I'm looking to use the addon scripts r.dominant_dir.m and
> r.calc_terraflow_dir.m, however, I have never used Matlab
> or Freemat.
> I looked around for some examples or documentation on how
> to run these scripts for (in?) GRASS, but have not found anything
> helpful.
>
> Can someone point me to a good resource to learn about
> this?

I am not sure how useful those scripts are, they were mostly the result
of me exploring some code. but who knows maybe you have a good use for
them.

Octave is another GPL'd matlab clone.

without looking how they work I'd guess r.out.mat was used to save
a .mat file which octave could then load. ?
the .m script is run by typing the name without the .m from the matlab
command prompt.

if you are still stuck I can try to find a little time to document
them better.

Hamish