FW: [GRASS-user] DXF to UTM32

Pablo Carreira pablotcarreira at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 18 16:33:20 EST 2009

If your dxf is in a local coordinate system (like old topo drawings) with shifting parameters you can use v.transform or you can put it in place with a CAD software (align) and them import into GRASS.
If it already have an utm coordinate and you want to change the reference system (datum) create the coresponding location import, change location and them v.proj (should be no problem).

I work with a lot of CAD drawings and charts with GRASS and here is a very usefull advice:
The fundaments of areas, boundary and lines in CAD and GIS are different, before importing a drawing into a GIS try to make it clean and "GIS like", ex. make two areas share the same boundary. Also import only the objects of interest, do not import text, paper layout or hatches.

I'am sorry about my english.

Pablo Torres Carreira