[GRASS-user] time dependent variable

Micha Silver micha at arava.co.il
Thu Nov 19 01:35:32 EST 2009

Carbonari, Katie (IS) wrote:

> Hello. I have a netcdf file that I'm visualizing in GRASS. I first
> convert the parameters to GeoTiffs (using gdal_translate) and then
> incorporate into GRASS via r.in.gdal. Each file has 48 time steps (one
> per hour for 2 days). Is there any way to show the progression of my
> data in GRASS? I want to show which schools (or other such data) is
> affected by the path of my data (in this case, smoke from a fire). Any
> have any pointers?

If you're interested in making animations then on the GRASS wiki [1]
there are several suggestions.

One of the options is exporting the maps as png files then running a
tool called gifsicle to combine them into an animated gif. I've used
this [2] to make nice animated maps.

--

Micha

[1] http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/Movies