[GRASS-user] computation in a location based on infos from another location

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 19 12:55:08 EST 2009

Patrice Dumas wrote:
> Right now I am stuck at the first projection since it triggered an
> assertion...

That assertion, your ticket #818, does not happen in grass7, but in
grass6.x. I think this not the solution, however, the imported vector is
corrupt. I'm not an expert on projections, but projecting the whole
globe into some laea could cause all sorts of problems. Instead, you
could create a vector in your laea location with v.in.region first,
covering the extends of your area of interest. Reproject this vector to
your ll location, set the region to match this reprojected vector and
align with the desired resolution. Then run the commands to generate a
raster and to convert it to a vector, and reproject that vector again to
the laea location.

BTW, please add output of g.proj -j to ticket #818.

Markus M