[GRASS-user] inverting DEMs

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Sun Nov 22 00:26:11 EST 2009

Here are nviz versions of the 2 peaks maps for comparison:

http://www.public.asu.edu/~cmbarton/files/temp/peaks_from_terraflow_nviz.jpg
http://www.public.asu.edu/~cmbarton/files/temp/peaks_from_rparamscale_minic_nviz.jpg

It seems like the inverted DEM/hydrology method identifies major peak
*regions*, while the r.param.scale minic method finds individual
topographic highs. This makes sense given the way that both find peaks
differently.

Michael

C. Michael Barton
Arizona State University