[GRASS-user] Reprojecting Vector Map

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 14:31:38 EST 2009

Hi,

2009/11/24 Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com>:
>  From the US Census TIGER files I imported the 'edges' (streets) using
> v.in.ogr and using the projection information in the *.prj file. This worked
> well, except that 'g.region -p' shows lat/lon geographic coordinates:
>
> GRASS 6.4.0svn (streets):/usr4/grassbase > g.region -p
> projection: 3 (Latitude-Longitude)

>  I changed pwd to PERMANENT and ran g.setproj. Specified lcc as the
> projection and entered all the relevant data, then changed back to my mapset
> and ran 'g.region -p'. No change. Running 'g.proj -w' tells me that I've not
> made any difference; it's still in degrees:

you cannot define a different spatial reference systems (SRS) for
mapsets in one location. Data in one location need to be in the same
SRS. This is fundamental feature of the GRASS database - "A LOCATION
is defined by its coordinate system, map projection and geographical
boundaries" [1].

Martin

[1] http://grass.osgeo.org/grass64/manuals/html64_user/helptext.html

--