[GRASS-user] Reprojecting Vector Map

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Nov 24 14:53:22 EST 2009

On Tue, 24 Nov 2009, Rich Shepard wrote:

>  True. I completely forgot about this. With a new location/mapset I can
> now use v.proj to move it over.

   I'm still missing something. Defined a new location (streetsLCC) and
mapset (rbs). Ran the following command successfully:

GRASS 6.4.0svn (streetsLCC):/usr4/grassbase > v.proj input=streets
location=streets mapset=rbs output=streets --verbose

   'g.region -p' still shows lat/long after specifying 'g.region
vect=streets':

GRASS 6.4.0svn (streetsLCC):/usr4/grassbase > g.region vect=streets
GRASS 6.4.0svn (streetsLCC):/usr4/grassbase > g.region -p
projection: 99 (Lambert Conformal Conic)
zone:       0
datum:      nad83
ellipsoid:  grs80
north:      45.46163298
south:      44.88493498
west:       -122.868113
east:       -121.651714
nsres:      0.576698
ewres:      1.216399
rows:       1
cols:       1
cells:      1

   So I've not reprojected from LL to LCC at all.

Rich