[GRASS-user] installing addons without the source tree. But with grass-dev!

Horacio Samaniego horacio.samaniego at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 11:26:25 EDT 2009

Hi, this is a question to more advanced users and perhaps developers...

I've been trying to install a module (r.stream.* from
http://heretic.livenet.pl/heretic) using the instructions provided in
the wiki to do so:
(http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/Compile_and_Install#Addons)

However, I do not want to compile the whole grass src tree and are
trying to install this using the grass-dev provided by my distro (ubuntu
9.04) with no success.

The problem seem to be that the addon is unable to find tome libraries
that are actually in /usr/lib/grass64/include/grass

Here's the error:
	io.c:1:27: error: grass/glocale.h: No such file or directory
	In file included from io.c:2:
	global.h:5:23: error: grass/gis.h: No such file or directory
	..
	.

The instruction say that I should place the addon in the
grass_src/raster directory which I don't have. However, I do have
the /usr/lib/grass64/include directory... how can I point the correct
path in the Makefile?

the content of the Makefile is:

	MODULE_TOPDIR = ../..

	PGM = r.stream.order

	LIBES = $(GISLIB)
	DEPENDENCIES = $(GISDEP)

	include $(MODULE_TOPDIR)/include/Make/Module.make

	default: cmd

Where should I point the MODULE_TOPDIR variable if I do not have the
grass_src tree?

any hint is appreciated and will be added to the wiki!

thanks!