[GRASS-user] What exactly defines the "#% gisprompt:" in grass scripts?

Nikos Alexandris nikos.alexandris at felis.uni-freiburg.de
Thu Oct 1 17:33:35 EDT 2009

Nikos:
> > Where can I find a (very) detailed explanation about the following
> > "definition" found in grass-scripts?
> >
> > #%  gisprompt: old,cell,raster
> >
> > What is the 1st (here = old), the 2nd (here = cell) and the 3rd (here =
> > raster) part mean exactly?

Martin Landa:
> http://download.osgeo.org/grass/grass7_progman/gislib.html#gisprompt_Member

IIUC, it is as follows:

1st argument -> new (for new maps?), old (for existing maps?), output
(for exported files?)

2nd argument -> directory name within the grass-db

Q: is it always "cell" for raster maps? what about floating point maps?
For example "grep -Fr "#% gisprompt" * | grep fcell" in grass_trunk
source doesn't return anything. I've seen only "cell" entries.

3rd argument -> type (e.g. raster, vector, color)

(Probably I don't understand it correctly)
Nikos