[GRASS-user] Database driver problem

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 1 20:32:54 EDT 2009

Hi all,   [lunchtime; office PC hijacked for testing]

> > > I've tried importing the spearfish_contours files via File-->Import
> > > Vector Map-->Multiple Formats Using OGR and get this message
> > >
> > > Invalid argument: can't _spawnl
> > > Unable to start driver <sqlite>
> Markus Neteler wrote:
> > Could the problem be that \ and / slashes are used?
Glynn:
> Quite possibly. Try this:
> +    G_convert_dirseps_to_host(dirpath);

I just tested this with the latest native installer and can reproduce
it in both the wx and tcl GUIs.  (WinGRASS-6.4.0SVN-r39271-1-Setup.exe)

but.... I first ran v.buffer on roads at PERM and made a map in the local
mapset. I could query the roads_buff at user1 map ok, just not the roads at PERM
one in the non-current mapset, there I get a similar error but for dbf not
sqlite. For the local map I see the correct data output.

$GISDBASE is in C:\Documents and Settings\me\My Documents\GIS Database\
spearfish60\  or something like that with lots of spaces.

should this be using G_spawn() not _spawnl() now that we have a few
G_spawn() options to choose from?

Hamish

ps- the tcltk gui complains that it can't find the fontcap file, and
Font Selection from the config menu ends with a non-fatal tcltk error.