SV: [GRASS-user] Raster legend

Nikos Alexandris nikos.alexandris at felis.uni-freiburg.de
Thu Oct 8 07:25:28 EDT 2009

On Thu, 2009-10-08 at 14:13 +0200, Martin Album Ytre-Eide wrote:
> Thanks, but It did not seem to work, or I have not tried what you
> suggested.
>
> The actual values are contained in the logarithmic, and that's fine.
> It is no problem converting the raster to non logarithmic with
> r.mapcalc, but it does not help me much.

> I cant use legend values from the non-logarithmic with the logarithmic
> raster since the scaling will not be right.

Right!

> I have just used standard rules, but done some experiments with custom
> made without any luck.
>
> I edited the rules in colr/directory as you described. It certainly
> did something, but not the intended. And I have yet not managed to get
> de-logged values in the legend.

> Have tried a lot of things, but I don't really understand the logic in
> the colr-files.

> Any more/other ideas?

Maybe I don't understand this correctly but all you need is to overlay a
non-logarithmic legend derived from a logarithmic scaled raster.

Is it just to have the legend/ colors? Maybe it is silly, but given that
you successfully converted the log.raster to non-log. (as Hamish
suggested) then why don't you draw the (non-log.raster) legend for it
and try to match colors?

I think that this is what Hamish suggests actually. Disregard this
message if I am wrong/ add more confusion.

Nikos

Hamish: