[GRASS-user] Questions about GRASS license and other more restrictive licenses

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 14 04:50:35 EDT 2009

are you distributing GRASS? do you combine your scripts with GRASS and
ship it as a single product? if so, the GPL applies and you have a choice
of either distributing the entire package using GPL and GPL-compatible
licenses, or not ship GRASS with it.

what is the nature of the informatic platform?

the license below is clearly not GPL-compatible.

Your scripts are by you, and so you own the copyright and can use,
license & distribute those however you like; but as you do not hold
copyright over the GRASS software you must respect the terms it
comes with if you wish to distribute a bundled-GRASS to others.

If you do not distribute GRASS (in whole or in part), then its license
is irrelevant.

regards,
Hamish