[GRASS-user] HowTo fix country border topology problem?

Roger André randre at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 18:23:19 EDT 2009

Tried the v.extract route - it didn't help.  The little segments came
along.  So I decided to look at the original data and pull one the
polygons from it, to see if I could spot anything strange about it.  I
did find something, maybe, maybe one of the experts here can explain
it.

Here is what v.clean reports:

Number of nodes: 55
Number of primitives: 59
Number of points: 0
Number of lines: 0
Number of boundaries: 46
Number of centroids: 13
Number of areas: 13
Number of isles: 9

This country should have 9 areas, which matches the number of isles.
I'm trying to figure out how to remove the extra areas (rmarea thresh
value is tricky), but I wonder if there is a way to make the areas
match the isles?