[GRASS-user] HowTo fix country border topology problem?

Roger André randre at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 13:03:32 EDT 2009

Hi Martin,

Thanks, that is a exactly the problem.  Your page is perfect for
showing the cause and solution.

One question though, since the solution relies on removing polygons
whose areas are less than a minimum threshold, how can we do this
accurately with a global data set?  I suppose I could extract each
country, reproject it to a local projection, clean out the bad
polygons, then reproject to lat/lon, and finally patch all of the
separate countries back into single file.

Roger