[GRASS-user] Remote Sessions with NX (NoMachine)???

Lawrence Houston grass at greenfield.dyndns.org
Mon Oct 19 12:01:00 EDT 2009

On Sun, 18 Oct 2009, Craig Leat wrote:

Craig:

> Craig Leat wrote:
> I can replicate the strange behaviour with d.mon when I use bitmap
> compression in NX. Selecting the option "Use plain X bitmaps" in the
> nxclient works for me. I hope it works for you too :-)

After selecting "Use plain X bitmaps" within "Custom Settings" I still see
"Blank" XDRIVER Windows for my Raster Images...  As before d.rast reaches
100% too fast and Raster Files are NOT "Visible", which I always assumed
was due to no image data actually being transfered from the Remote Host???

Current Specifics:
-----------------
Client [Windows XP SP3]: 3.4.0-5
Server [CentOS 4.8]: (Client: 3.4.0-5, Node: 3.4.0-6, Server: 3.4.0-8)
GRASS [6.2.3]: Built from Source Code

Although I can use 3.X Clients, once the Server has been upgraded to 3.X
executing d.rast with the XDRIVER Window will again produce "Blank" Raster
Images???

NOTE: Other combinations involving NX 3.X have always produced the same
       "Problem", it does NOT appeared to be limited to the above mentioned
       specifics...

Lawrence Houston  --  (grass at greenfield.dyndns.org)