[GRASS-user] Connection to PostGreSQL

Jean-François Moyen jfmoyen at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 03:18:31 EDT 2009

Good morning list,

I'm battling with a couple of GRASS-related issues

[GRASS 6.4 windows XP -- accessed mostly via QGis but here I'll be using the
CLI]
[not sure which sub-version of GRASS, I believe the latest one installed two
days ago from OSGeo "package manager"]

In the first problem, I seem to be unable to connect to a postgreSQL
database :

> db.connect driver=pg database="host=localhost, dbname=TheDB, port=5432",
schema=public

%% Yes, this DB does exist on my system; as I speak both OOo and QGis are
connected to it and happily read from it.

> db.login user=postgres pass=XXXX

GRASS_INFO_MESSAGE(4204,,2): The password was stored in file

%% Ok, so far so good.

> db.connect -p
driver:pg
database:host=localhost, dbname=The DB, port=5432,
schema:public
group:

%% Looks all right to me

>db.tables -p
DBMI-Postgres driver error:
Cannot connect to Postgres: fe_sendauth: no password supplied

%% Uh ???

Thanks for your help !
JF