[GRASS-user] d.legend using png driver

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 25 19:31:20 EDT 2009

Massimo wrote:
> - it is possible to specify where to save the file
> and  using a custom name ?

yes, see "g.manual variables" under PNG driver.

> - exists an example to learn how can i change the font size
> used int the legend ?

currently it is automatic based on legend height. change the actual font
(eg to a TrueType font) with the d.font module.

if you like you can hack the d.legend source code, see the bit in main.c
that does R_text_size(), and the multiplier in the lines immediately like
it.

It's a problem with d.out.file (a nice & easy frontend to the PNG driver)
if you make the image size really big (eg for a poster graphic). The
d.legend module is optimized for use on a computer monitor.

there is an earlier thread about this with more info if you like, and I
think a patch to make it a bit bigger. There was talk about adding a
fontsize= option to the module, (perhaps d.grid too?) but I forget the
details- you'll have to read the thread.

Hamish