[GRASS-user] problem creating location

Carbonari, Katie (IS) Katie.Carbonari at ngc.com
Thu Oct 29 16:23:36 EDT 2009

Hi there. I'm new to GRASS and am having problems creating a new location. I have a georeferenced file (TIFF file of SRTM data) and I want to define my location with it. I click on "Define new location with georeferenced file", give it a name and tell GRASS where the file is. Then I get this error: "g.proj returned the following message: ERROR: region for the current mapset is not set; run "g.region""

Any one run into this problem? If so, any pointers on how to fix it? Pretty much any file I've tried to use in GRASS gives me this error.

Thanks,
Katie