[GRASS-user] importing gridded xyz data with titled grid

Julian Burgos jmburgos at u.washington.edu
Tue Sep 1 10:01:11 EDT 2009

Dear list,

Sorry if this is a basic question...I´m taking my fist steps with GIS/GRASS.
I have a relatively large dataset (~250000 rows) consisting of lat, long
and a data value.  The data has been collected in a regular grid, but
the grid is "tilted".  In other words, along a row the latitude values
increase constantly, and along a column the longitude values do the
same.  I need to to convert this data to a raster file.  I have no
information on the native projection of the data.
Any ideas/tips/suggestions on how to tackle this?
Many thanks,

I have a large dataset

--
Julian Mariano Burgos
Hafrannsóknastofnunin/Marine Research Institute
Netfang/Email: julian at hafro.is, jmburgos at u.washington.edu