[GRASS-user] tool to put raster value to points?

Marco Lechner - FOSSGIS e.V. marco.lechner at fossgis.de
Tue Sep 1 11:46:53 EDT 2009

open Source Support is always the fastest!
imagine: Caling the ESRI support, get a ticket - ... - next day 1.
answer: we received your requst - ... - one week later got a 2. response
- answer: wait for next release, ...

this is not fiction!

Marco

M S schrieb:
> Yikes that was fast!  Not sure how I missed that one.
>
> Much thanks.
> Mark
>
> On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 11:05 AM, Marco Lechner - FOSSGIS e.V.
> <marco.lechner at fossgis.de <mailto:marco.lechner at fossgis.de>> wrote:
>
>     http://grass.itc.it/grass62/manuals/html62_user/v.what.rast.html
>
>     M S schrieb:
>     > Greetings,
>     >
>     > I have searched the manuals, and have not found a direct tool.  The
>     > objective would be to output unique point ID's with corresponding
>     > elevations.  Is there a tool which would provide for one to attach
>     > raster (elevation) values to vector points?
>     >
>     > If no tool, would this be the most efficient approach?
>     >
>     > points to raster (all others null).
>     > r.mapcalc to assign elevation raster values to converted raster cells.
>     > convert raster cells to polygons.
>     > overlay polygon (elevation) values onto original points.
>     >
>     >
>     > Thanks for any feedback,
>     > Mark
>     >
>     >
>     >

>     --
>     ++++++++BITTE VORMERKEN++++++++
>     INTERGEO 2009: 22.09. - 24.09.2009
>     in Karlsruhe; Halle 1, Stand 1.417

++++++++BITTE VORMERKEN++++++++
INTERGEO 2009: 22.09. - 24.09.2009
in Karlsruhe; Halle 1, Stand 1.417

FOSSGIS e.V.
die unabhängige Hilfe bei freier GIS-Software und freien Geodaten
www.fossgis.de