[GRASS-user] subsampling to a coarser resolution

jamesmcc jlmccreight at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 12:50:01 EDT 2009

Hi Markus-

I've  used r.resamp.stats alot, but in this case it dosent appear to be
flexible enough to just select the cells I want to do stats on. It's still a
lovely routine, however. It would be nice to be able to supply it a matrix
mask to make it more flexible, then it could do what I want. Then, it could
cook me lunch too. :)

I've now tested the bilinear method in r.resamp.interp, exactly as suggested
by Glynn and it works perfectly going to coarser resolution. I imported my
interpolates/aggregates made in IDL and r.stats shows only a zero category
for the difference of the rasters!

Still wondering about r.what and row,col inputs...

thanks!