[GRASS-user] What Happened?

John C. Tull jctull at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 23:50:45 EDT 2009

On Sep 3, 2009, at 8:24 PM, Bob Byer wrote:

> All,
>
> A few days ago, I was able to double click on the GRASS icon and
> have the GUI appear.  Today, I logged on and when I double click on
> the icon, just a terminal shell comes up.  I have to type in a
> script to get the GUI to appear.  Can anyone give me guidance as to
> what may have happened and how to repair it?
>
> Thx,
> Bob

Hi Bob,

What OS are you working from? I use OS X, but any of the unixes will
have a .grassrc6 (assuming GRASS 6... not much detail in your email)
in your home directory. You can manually edit this so the GRASS_GUI
item reflects your preference. If GRASS 6.4, it can be either 'tcltk'
or 'wxpython'.

Cheers,
John