[GRASS-user] Multiple attribute tables in winGRASS 6.4

Sharon M morrisxs09 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 03:33:27 EDT 2009

Hello Hamish (and grass users),

Ahh yes, apologies for my silly operator error. OK changed col to column.

> v.label labels=alt_nme map=locn column=othnme layer=2

returns message "Labeled 0 lines"

I still have the issue that commands such as v.label, d.vect.thematic,
d.vect, v.extract, etc are unable to access layer=2 even though v.info
reports that there are 2 attribute tables for the vector map.

If using the windows which pop-up for e.g. v.label (instead of the
command line) for any of these commands, you cannot change the layer
option from "1" to "2" (or any other layer value).

So the question still is - is it possible in winGRASS using DBF files
to run a command (e.g. v.label) to access any layer other than
layer=1?

Sharon