[GRASS-user] Problem GRASS 6.4 RC5-3 freezing on Leopard; Snow Leopard

Kurt Springs ferret_bard at mac.com
Fri Sep 11 11:38:30 EDT 2009

I am having a problem with GRASS on OS 10.5.8.  When I launch a
project, GRASS freezes when I resize the Map window by dragging the
corner (which I have done in the past) it freezes.  I can resize using
the green resize but on the window (the one next to the red close
window button and the amber put window in dock button) and it works
fine.  But the moment I try to resize by using the corner, it
refreshes a few times but freezes.  I can't access menus or scroll.
Interesting point, in the GIS Manager window, the Map Layers for
Display 1 portion of the window runs into the bottom portion were the
layer is chosen and set up. You can see the layer icon and the check
box, but not the text describing the layer.  It is like this before it
freezes.

As a point of interest, I have installed Snow leopard on my lap top.
GRASS froze when I tried to resize it first, but when I opened my map
file first, populating the Map Layers, it worked fine.  I did get an
error code when I started up:

Last login: Fri Sep 11 10:38:37 on ttys000
kurt-springss-macbook-pro:~ kurtsprings2$ '/Applications/GRASS-6.4.app/
Contents/MacOS/grass.sh'; exit
Rebuilding Addon HTML manual pages index...
Rebuilding Addon menu...
2009-09-11 11:12:11.503 osascript[633:903] Error loading /Library/
ScriptingAdditions/Adobe Unit Types.osax/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Unit
Types:  dlopen(/Library/ScriptingAdditions/Adobe Unit Types.osax/
Contents/MacOS/Adobe Unit Types, 262): no suitable image found.  Did
find:
	/Library/ScriptingAdditions/Adobe Unit Types.osax/Contents/MacOS/
Adobe Unit Types: no matching architecture in universal wrapper
osascript: OpenScripting.framework - scripting addition "/Library/
ScriptingAdditions/Adobe Unit Types.osax" declares no loadable handlers.
Warning: No Python 2.5 found, needed by wxPython.
          The wxPython GUI may not work properly.
Cleaning up temporary files ...

This was from my lap top running 10.6.1.

What I really need is a fix for my desk top running the older
Leopard.  Any thoughts?

Kurt Springs