[GRASS-user] Orthophotos in .sid - removing black border

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 16 02:13:55 EDT 2009

stephen sefick wrote:
> I have orthophotos that are in .sid format.  I have converted them to
> tif/tfw with the lizardtech software, but they have black borders.  I
> would like to remove these borders so that I can use the orthophotos
> in a tiled mosaic of the whole area of interest.  Any thoughts
> suggestions, or help would be greatly apprecieated.

I may be dreaming, but I seem to remember writing a script to do that
some time ago (maybe March?) to crop the blank edges off the NOAA BSB
format nautical charts. try searching the archives and wiki.

see also the image classification modules, r.mask, and "g.region zoom=".

that's about all the help I can give,
Hamish