[GRASS-user] v.db.join ERROR: JOIN is not supported for tables stored in DBF format.

Agustin Lobo alobolistas at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 09:19:19 EDT 2009

Hi!
I've made a simple oldnewclass.csv table and then:
 > db.in.ogr --o oldnewclass.csv out=oldnewclass
 > db.select oldnewclass | more
old|new
1|1
2|2
3|274
4|274
 > g.copy vect=Montseny07,delme
 > v.db.join delme col=VALUE otable=oldnewclass ocol=old
ERROR: JOIN is not supported for tables stored in DBF format.

Montseny07 (and thus delme) comes from a shape file

Column VALUE in delme is the same as column old in oldnewclass

Is there any way to circumvent this problem?
All I want is adding column new to the table in delme

Thanks

Agus