[GRASS-user] Exporting attributes to GMT ASCII format using v.out.ogr

Eric Patton epatton at nrcan.gc.ca
Thu Sep 17 14:43:06 EDT 2009

Hi,

I'm using v.out.ogr to export GRASS vectors to GMT format. The geometry
exports fine, but the attributes don't seem to be in the GMT file after
the export finishes. I can see the attribute column names in the GMT
header portion of the file, but all I get in the data columns are the x
and y, followed by a zero in the third column.

Any special CREATEOPT parameters that need to be passed? I checked on
the OGR website and there wasn't any hints about it; same with the
v.out.ogr manual (GMT format isn't even mentioned there).

Thanks,

--
Eric Patton