[GRASS-user] Very high resolution topographic map of Europe: need help and advices: UPDATE

Felix Schalck felix.schalck at gmail.com
Sat Sep 19 17:54:19 EDT 2009

Looks like we all agree on this. I'm sure there was a good reason
behind adopting ESRI file geodatabase, like the 2Gb file limit of
previously used ms access dbs, but adopting ONLY ESRI formats is
definitely not very public-friendly. Now, I'm sure that each new short
message left int Mr Vogt Message box
(juergen.vogt(-at/arobase-)jrc.ec.europa.eu), contributes to increase
our chances to get the data published in a another format. Hermann
Pfeffer, from the eea (european environment agency) just wrote me that
an existing eu law obliging all eu-institutions to respond to public
inquiries within 2 weeks, further increasing our chances to get an
answer.

Thank you all for your interest,

Felix