[GRASS-user] QGIS: Segmentation fault

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 21 16:21:55 EDT 2009

Benedikt wrote:
> Ahh, ok. Now I'm clear what you mean with ubuntuGIS. I
> didn't known it before. I used these sources for installing
> QGIS:
> https://launchpad.net/~qgis/+archive/unstable
>
> deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/qgis/unstable/ubuntu
> YOUR_UBUNTU_VERSION_HERE main
> deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/qgis/unstable/ubuntu
> YOUR_UBUNTU_VERSION_HERE main
>

> If there is a package source specially for Ubuntu-Users
> which include some usefull GIS Programs I'd like to use it.
> But I can't find package sources on ubuntuGIS. There is only
> these remark: "This PPA does not contain any packages yet."

2 repos on launchpad, it's confusing I know. Also there is
Jachym's grass+gdal package repo in the mix.

try:

#Quantum GIS Launchpad Package Archive
#Long Term Support - LTS 1.0.2
#deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/qgis/stable/ubuntu jaunty main
#deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/qgis/stable/ubuntu jaunty main

#Non LTS 1.x
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/ubuntugis/ubuntugis-unstable/ubuntu jaunty main
deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/ubuntugis/ubuntugis-unstable/ubuntu jaunty main

and as root: (or sudo'd)

#qgis launchpad repo
apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys 68436DDF

#ubuntugis launchpad repo
apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys 314DF160

Hamish