[GRASS-user] How to crop away NODATA margins

Hermann Peifer peifer at gmx.eu
Sat Sep 26 04:18:38 EDT 2009

Hi,

I see that d.out.file has a switch: -m  (Do NOT crop away margins). So I assume that by default, white margins are auto-cropped.

What I am  looking for is some sort of auto-crop feature which I could use with r.out.gdal, in order to get rid of abundant NODATA margins in raster layers.

What I am currently doing: I identify a raster layer's data extent visually before changing the region and then running r.out.gdal. However, I might miss some islands at the edges...

Thanks in advance, Hermann