[GRASS-user] starspan with grass support compilation failure

Jose Gomez-Dans jgomezdans at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 08:07:43 EDT 2009

Hi,

2009/9/29 Nikos Alexandris <nikos.alexandris at felis.uni-freiburg.de>

> On Tue, 2009-09-29 at 10:09 +0200, Xavier Delaunay wrote:
> > I had the same compilation error when compiling Starspan, although I am
> > not using GRASS. I googled the error message and I found your post.

If you are willing to use GDAL&Python, you can pretty much do whatever you
can do in starspan  using the code & stuff on this page: <
http://sites.google.com/site/spatialpython/zonal-statistics>. It doesn't
necessarily output the results to a shapefile, but you can output stuff to a
CSV and then merge it with OGR's CSV driver. Performance is "pretty good" if
your images fit well in memory (I keep meaning to do a block version of it,
but since I'm spoilt for RAM, I never actually get round doing it! :D)

Cheers,

Jose

 --

RSU ■ Dept. of Geography ■ University College ■ Gower St, London WC1E 6BT UK

EMM ■ Dept. of Geography ■ King's College ■ Strand, London WC2R 2LS UK