[GRASS-user] serious problem with "ROUND-OFF"

achim ak7 at jupiter.uni-freiburg.de
Wed Sep 30 04:59:52 EDT 2009

Hi Hamish,

thanks for your suggestions. It is very useful to get ideas from a
different perspective!

I am sorry, that I have to write a 'but' again:

> > r.to.vect the area
..I have no areas to extract. I have a river network, for which I want
to subdivide some lines.
Because I have some thousands of lines, I always get some
start/end-nodes on these critical points on the border between two
raster-cells.

> > add cats to boundaries with v.category
> > v.type the boundary to line
> > v.extract the lines
> > v.buffer the lines to about the cell width
> > v.overlay op=not
Otherwise that would help!! (Even though v.buffer would take sooo... long)

Best regards,
Achim