[GRASS-user] degree - time conversion

achim ak7 at jupiter.uni-freiburg.de
Wed Sep 30 09:11:48 EDT 2009

Dear grass-users,

because I could not find something else, I write a little script to
convert lat/long decimal degrees to lat/long sexagesimal degrees
(deg:min:sec).

It works with a sqlite-database and sqlite3, t2sql.sh (to convert
text-file to a table) and awk (on all linux-systems).

Maybe someone will need this some day:
$1 table name (need a unique column "cat")
$2 column with decial-degrees
$3 column, where sexagesimal degrees will be written (can be same as $2)
$4 sqlite database-file

eg:
sh decimal_to_sexagesimal.sh table col_decimal col_sexag
/home/userneme/grass/databasefile

warning: its very modest and dont deal with execptions. (eg. overwrites
the files temp_decimal_input.txt and temp_sexagesimal_output.txt)

Achim