[GRASS-user] Re: grass-user Digest, Vol 47, Issue 52

Micha Silver micha at arava.co.il
Fri Apr 2 08:27:08 EDT 2010

Nathaniel Iwuchukwu wrote:
> here are the image results of my works. am trying to upload it on my page
If you do upload the images, post also to the list.

It looks like all the areas that are *not* roads are also being
classified. Everywhere that appears purple in you classification image
needs to be set to null. You do this with:
r.null <classified_raster> setnull=<the value which displays purple>

You want to be left with a raster with values *only* where there are
roads. Everything else should be null. Then go ahead and run:
r.thin and r.to.vect <classified_raster_thin> feature=line out=roads

Cheers,
Micha