[GRASS-user] claslite modules in GRASS?

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Thu Apr 8 12:05:49 EDT 2010

On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 7:56 AM, maning sambale
<emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com> wrote:
> claslite modules in GRASS?
>
> I'm wondering if any GRASS users have been able to adapt a similar
> workflow of Claslite within GRASS GIS.
>
> http://claslite.ciw.edu/
>
> Claslite is a suite of remote sensing modules developed by Carnegie
> Institution for Science for rapid assessment of forest cover using
> various satellite platforms.  Unfortunately, the software is not FOSS
> but is it possible to adapt the developed tropical forest spectral
> library within GRASS?

>From their web page:

"... system to convert satellite imagery from its original (raw) format,

-> r.in.gdal

" ... through calibration, .."

-> r.mapcalc

"... pre-processing ..."

-> r.mapcalc

"... , atmospheric correction, "

-> i.atcorr

"... and cloud masking steps"

-> r.mapcalc with TIR channel(s)?

 " and then performs a Monte Carlo Spectral Mixture Analysis ..."

-> I had once written i.spec.unmix (GRASS Addons SVN), Monte Carlo stuff
is available in R (spgrass6 interface).

So, quite some pieces seem to be there.

Markus