[GRASS-user] Questions about r.mfilter

Casey Vandenberg casey.vandenberg at sjgeophysics.com
Tue Apr 13 14:40:10 EDT 2010

Does anyone know if the r.mfilter will support negative values in the
matrix filter file. I was hoping to do a high pass filter on a dataset,
so I created a filter for input in the following format, but it will not
work.

TITLE       HighPass3x3
MATRIX    3
-1 -1 -1
-1 8 -1
-1 -1 -1
DIVISOR   9
TYPE        S

Input command is:
r.mfilter input=Mag_12.5 at LaIndia output=HighPass3x3_Mag12.5
filter=/home/cvandenberg/Documents/Filters/HighPass3x3.txt*
**ERROR: Filter file format error*

When I run a low pass filter (for example an N x N filter with all '1'
the filter file is recognized.

Any hints on how I can go about running a high pass filter using GRASS?

Thanks,

Casey