[GRASS-user] Error with permissions in GRASS Linux

Gilbert Ferrara gilbertferrara1974 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 05:25:52 EDT 2010

Greetings
I'm a new GRASS64 user in Linux (I have used it in Windows).

I have copied from GRASS website the nc_spm_08 dataset and I have placed it
in /home/anrr/Desktop/gisdata and extracted tar.gz file. So my nc_spm_08
location is in /home/anrr/Desktop/gisdata/nc_spm_08.

When I add to my GIS DATA Directory /home/anrr/Desktop/gisdata, nc_spm_08
appears as a valid location but all my MAPSETS are in grey.... If I select,
for instance, landsat I get erros saying PERMISSION DENIED.

What can I do or what am I doing wrong?

Thanks
Best regards
Gilbert