[GRASS-user] r.average and r.info

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Thu Apr 15 07:08:18 EDT 2010

William Hudspeth wrote:

> I am using r.average to calculate the mean pixel value in a base map
> aggregating pixels in a cover map with the same value. I know that I
> have 54 different categories (e.g. parcels) in the cover map, but when I
> run r.info, it only outputs 47 of them, with a .... on the final line.
> Where are the rest of the results?

r.average stores the category/average mapping in the history, which is
limited to 50 lines.

If you need to know the correspondence between the category and the
average, either use e.g. "r.stats input=category_map,average_map"
after running r.average, or use "r.statistics method=average" in place
ofr.average. r.statistics will create a reclass map with the average
stored in the category label.