[GRASS-user] Compare GRASS versions

Jenny Turner jennyturner1980 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 05:47:20 EDT 2010

Greetings

I'm preparing a small GIS tool to High School students to do some image
processing, image vizualization etc and I'm thinking of using GRASS since is
free and pretty much do what I need. But I realized that 6.4, 6.5 and 7 have
different characteristics, functionalities. What I need to know is if there
is any document that compares and assesses these 3 versions in order to
characterizes each one. For instance GRASS6.5 is able to have dynamic
wxpython scripts (e.g. v.krige) that is an interesting funcionality.

Thanks

Jenny