[GRASS-user] Question with Python-SWIG example [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Andrew MacIntyre Andrew.MacIntyre at acma.gov.au
Sun Apr 18 20:34:57 EDT 2010

> Glynn Clements wrote:

{...}

> Nor can I figure out how to make use of any pointers returned from
> functions. Typemaps exist to allow strings, arrays, etc to be
> converted to pointers when passing them into functions, but it isn't
> possible to do the reverse (converting to a pointer discards the size
> and type; converting from a pointer would require some way to obtain
> this information). The functions generated by cpointer.i and carrays.i
> don't seem to work as expected (I get a segfault).

Doesn't the ctypes cast() function work for you in making use of
returned pointers?

-------------------------> "These thoughts are mine alone!" <---------
Andrew MacIntyre           Operations Branch
tel:   +61 2 6219 5356     Communications Infrastructure Division
fax:   +61 2 6253 3277     Australian Communications & Media Authority
email: andrew.macintyre at acma.gov.au            http://www.acma.gov.au/

If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and erase all copies of the email and any attachments to it. The information contained in this email and any attachments may be private, confidential and legally privileged or the subject of copyright. If you are not the addressee it may be illegal to review, disclose, use, forward, or distribute this email and/or its contents.

Unless otherwise specified, the information in the email and any attachments is intended as a guide only and should not be relied upon as legal or technical advice or regarded as a substitute for legal or technical advice in individual cases. Opinions contained in this email or any of its attachments do not necessarily reflect the opinions of ACMA.