[GRASS-user] USGS seamless maps: Lakes

Kurt Springs ferret_bard at mac.com
Mon Apr 19 12:11:42 EDT 2010

Hi again,

New question.  I downloaded the USGS seamless maps for lakes and ponds and can't get them to fill.  I thought I might be dealing with broken polygons.  I ran the file through v.build and v.clean.  When I still couldn't get them to fill, I looked at them in v.digit.  It appeared that there were no broken polygons.

I tried opening it in qgis.  There I got a fill.  However, there was a board of the New England States around the Lakes and Ponds, and that is what filled.

Can I solve the problem by eliminating the boarder?  Also, the islands are filling as well.  Once I solve the first problem, how do I get the islands recognized as something that should not be filled?

Thanks for your help.

Kurt