[GRASS-user] Calculate statistics for raster values in polygons

Luis Lisboa luislisboa1975 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 04:21:02 EDT 2010

Hi all
I'm reading the v.rast.stats Help and I'm a bit confused. It says "Calculates
basic univariate statistics from a raster map only for the parts covered by
the specified vector map". But for instance if all my region is covered by
different polygons and, if I want to calculate for each polygon my average
value from raster, is this function helpful? (e.g. I have vector with zip
codes for my region and I want to calculate average elevation of each zip
code).