[GRASS-user] Again about direction

Micha Silver micha at arava.co.il
Fri Apr 23 05:28:25 EDT 2010

Sofina Natalia wrote:

> Hello everybody !
> I would like to compare values for raster and vector points at
> positions of vector points. Raster is filtered with edge detection
> function. And as compared value should be "direction".
>
> How can I get now the information about direction in each point for
> vector map? Vector points should have one's own values of the
> direction. Then I'll compare this values from raster and vector.

If I understand correctly, you have a vector point layer with an
attribute column "direction". And you have a raster which also shows
directions. What you want is to add to the vector points an additional
column "Raster_direction" which shows directions from the raster. Is
this correct?

If so then you have two simple steps. First add the additional column to
the vector:

v.db.addcol <vector_layer> col="rast_dir integer"

Then get the raster values into the vector with:

v.what.rast vect=<vector_layer> rast=<raster_layer> col=rast_dir

> Many thanks.

Micha Silver
Arava Development Co. +972-52-3665918
http://surfaces.co.il