[GRASS-user] Re: [GRASS-dev] New version of the r.landscape.evol.py Landscape Evolution module uploaded to the GRASS Addons repository.

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 28 14:30:18 EDT 2010

Isaac Ullah wrote:
> Yes, this is certainly true. We have kept backwards compatibility with a
> flag to use r.terraflow if the user has GRASS 6.4 or less.

GRASS 6.4 is the next stable release for some time to come, thus new
addons for GRASS 6.x should IMHO be tailored for 6.4. Either you
advocate the backporting of the 6.5 version of r.watershed to 6.4 ;-)
or you make r.terraflow the default, with a flag indicating to use
r.watershed.

Anyway, IMHO, newly updated addons should run in 6.4 with the default settings.

Markus M