[GRASS-user] Re: Installing r.area

Jarek Jasiewicz jarekj at amu.edu.pl
Tue Aug 3 04:11:24 EDT 2010

Hamish pisze:
> fyi I get what it does now, and just fixed a small bug in it which was
> stopping it from reading CELL maps.

Thanks, Hamish, I was offline for over the week so I cannot fix it myself...

> Hamish

If someone is interested in result of r.stats and r.area are the same
(as I tested). r.area is a simple alternative for mixed
r.report/awk/r.recalss command with additional option to remove small
(lower than treeshold) areas.
Is also very fast...

Hope now it works, if no, please all report it to me (I little lost in
previous discussion but I notice that main problem was with compiling it
in some binary GRASS distributions)

thanks for trying it.

Jarek