[GRASS-user] Error while creating vectorial file in WinGRASS

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 4 03:53:52 EDT 2010

Hamish wrote:
> You need to run db.connect to select a database backend to
> use first. (There is no VAR file in the mapset yet)

hopefully fixed & ready for testing in 6.5svn r42988 (v.edit).

devs:
 maybe do this for 'v.in.ascii -e' and 'v.digit -n' too?
 or move this into Vect_open_new() ?  ... but I'm not totally
convinced that's the right place for it either; the mapset may
come from an earlier version of GRASS. perhaps db.execute
instead of exiting with an error.

#include <grass/dbmi.h>
  if (! db_get_default_driver_name() ) {
      G_message(_("Creating new DB connection based on default mapset settings..."));
      db_set_default_connection();
  }

see bug #7  http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/7

Hamish