[GRASS-user] 1-page grass overview

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 5 00:29:41 EDT 2010

Hi,

for the upcoming FOSS4G conference[1] we have put together a live
dvd[2] with GRASS and a whole bunch of other OSGeo software,
about 40 FOSS geo projects are participating in all.

It would be great if folks could read through the 1-page overview
doc[3] for GRASS (made with reStructured Text and Sphinx if you
wondered), and the 5 minute quickstart tutorial[4].

A full list of project docs on the disc is interesting to look
through as well.[5]

Also if anyone is really keen they can download an ISO of the
DVD[6] and test that it actually works. I've already discovered
that the new QGIS 1.5 grass plugin doesn't like the user not
owning the PERMANENT mapset, even if it's not the one being used.

Test results to the OSGeo wiki[7] and bugs to the osgeo bug
trac'er[8] please (including doc bugs; set component as LiveDVD).

it goes to the printers next week.

[1] http://2010.foss4g.org

[2] http://live.osgeo.org

[3] http://download.osgeo.org/livedvd/4.0-rc6/osgeolive-docs/overview/grass_overview.html