[GRASS-user] AdvancedViewshedAnalysis

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 13 16:28:14 EDT 2010

Rebecca wrote:
> > command 'gem6' is not recognised

Martin:
> gem is not maintained anymore.

for the record, everything in the release branch will be
maintained- best attempts will be made to fix bugs, etc.
Including this one. Right now GEM is not getting any
_new_ development though, so no new features are planned.

stuff not under our control we can't do much about beyond
maintaining backwards-compatibility as best we can.

the correct solution in this case is to fix the last few
bugs in r.viewshed and move that into the main source
tree, making the need for the addon app obsolete..

Hamish, friend of obsolete and forgotten code